Holidays in East Devon – what’s on your doorstep?
Holidays in East Devon are truly magical, there’s little who would argue with that. The region combines a stunning coastline with a beautiful moorland landscape, all topped off with award-winning visitor attractions and picture postcard destinations. What’s not to love?
You can enjoy wonderful holidays in East Devon at Oakdown Holiday Park, which is perfectly located for you to explore all this beautiful region has to offer. But what’s nearby and what can you do if you don’t want to venture too far from our holiday park? Well, to help you plan your stay with us, we’ve put together a guide to all the must-see destinations and must-visit attractions within 10 miles of our Devon holiday park!
- The Donkey Sanctuary: This famous attraction is extremely popular, and it’s easy to see why. Head over and see the friendly residents who have been rescued and who are now enjoying a new life in the Devon countryside. This attraction is so close to our park that you can walk to it! Definitely worth a visit!
- For golfers, holidays in East Devon at our park aren’t complete without a visit to our neighbouring Oak Mead Golf Course. This short 9-hole par 3 course is perfect for all the family who want to enjoy a relaxing game or regular golfers who want to practice their short game.
- Visit Beer: Not the drink variety but the village! Beer is a delightful spot beside the sea. Enjoy walks on the lovely shingle beach (the café is a great spot for breakfast or lunch) or browse the many small, independent shops on the high street. Worth a visit – Beer Quarry Caves
- Visit Sidmouth: This pretty seaside town is close to our Devon holiday park. Its charm and beauty captivated poet John Betjeman and it may well captivate you too. Sidmouth boasts clean beaches and friendly shops as well as plenty of cafes and restaurants.
- The Jurassic Coast and Branscombe Bay are just a stone’s throw from our holiday park. Explore miles of majestic coastline as you walk the coast path along cliff tops and beaches underneath the red cliffs. You might even come across some fossils that give this stretch of coast its name.
- A visit to Colyton should definitely be on your to-do list. See a wealth of historical buildings and visit independent shops and the many inns! A short walk will take you to the Colyton Tram Station, where you can ride the tram alongside the River Axe wetlands to Seaton.
- Seaton is only a short distance away welcomes thousands of visitors each year who come for it’s beautiful coastline, peaceful landscapes, traditional seaside activities; shops and businesses and more adventurous endeavours such as steep coastal walks, kayaking and of course the annual Grizzly run! There’s also the Seaton tramway which is a must for anyone considering holidays in East Devon.
- Pecorama is one of South Devon’s most popular visitor attractions and is the perfect place for railway enthusiasts, garden lovers. It’s home to the Beer Heights Light Railway – a real adventure the whole family will love!
- Bicton Park is a superbly landscaped park that combines 18th century tranquillity with modern amenities to provide all year round enjoyment for everyone of all ages including historic glasshouses, a countryside museum, the Bicton Woodland Railway train ride, nature trail, maze, mini golf, indoor and outdoor children’s play complexes, restaurant and shop.
- Visit Seaton Wetlands and the Axe Estuary EDDC nature reserve . It is home to grazing marsh, mud flats, saltmarsh and reedbeds. It is a haven for wildlife, especially birds.
There is simply so much to see and do on your doorstep with holidays in East Devon at Oakdown. For more ideas, information or to book your stay with us, contact us on 01297 680387 or book on-line here.