Complaints handling procedure for Holiday Home owners and Park Guests
If you have any concern about your holiday home or the Park please get in touch with us and we will be happy to help in any way we can.
Oakdown Holiday Park is a member of the NCC Approved Holiday Park – Holiday Home Ownership scheme. A key commitment under the Code that lies at the heart of the scheme is that we maintain a clear and formal written complaints procedure and take effective and immediate action to try and resolve any customer complaint. Our procedure is as follows:
1. If you want to make a complaint:
a. We will acknowledge your complaint, in writing or by phone, within 7 days of receipt.
b. We will issue an initial response or a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within 14 days of complaint receipt.
c. If we issue an initial response and you notify us that it does not resolve your complaint, we will issue a final decision, in writing, as soon as possible or at the latest within a further 28 days.
d. In all instances, if we need more time to investigate and manage your complaint (e.g.: because it involves another party), we will provide written reasons why and an estimate of the date when we expect to be able to issue an initial response or final decision.
e. We will keep a complaints log, which will be available for inspection by NCC assessors.
2. We will keep you informed either by letter or e-mail, whichever you prefer.
3. Any final decision will include details of the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service and the NCC Independent Case Examiner (the Examiner) in case you require independent redress. Please note that the Examiner will only consider complaints that have been sent to, and considered by, the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service first.
4. If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or if we exceed the response timescales, you should then refer your complaint to the NCC for informal dispute resolution. If this fails to resolve your complaint or if the NCC Informal Dispute Resolution Service is not able to handle your complaint, your complaint may be escalated to the Examiner. We will co-operate fully with the Examiner during an investigation and comply with his final decision, which is binding on us both. Please note an administration fee of £60 (including VAT) will be charged by the NCC should you wish to use the Examiner service. This fee is only refundable if the Examiner finds in your favour, subject to his discretion. There are no other charges to you for using the service.
5. We will liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf (e.g. Trading Standards, Citizens Advice Bureau, Consumer Advice Centre, etc.).
Complaints should be sent to:
Roger Franks or Alastair Franks
Oakdown Holiday Park, Gatedown Lane, Near Sidmouth, Devon EX10 0PT.
Tel: 01297 680387 or 01297 533074
Note: The National Caravan Council (NCC) is the UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome, holiday home and park home industries. It has developed a number of NCC Approved schemes, each with a Code of Practice at its heart, to ensure that subscriber members treat customers fairly, deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and provide full protection and access to redress should this be needed. Further details can be found via http://www.approvedholidayparks.co.uk/.